[News] [Linux] New Versions of Zenwalk and Wine Released

Releases : Zenwalk 4.6 is out

,----[ Quote ]
| The Zenwalk Team is happy to announce that Zenwalk 4.6 (code name
| "Red Pill") has been released.
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=53

[Wine 0.9.38 Released]

,----[ Quote ]
| What's new in this release:
|   - Beginnings of support for copy protection kernel drivers.
|   - More MSI automation support.
|   - Many 64-bit compilation fixes.
|   - A number of OLE fixes.
|   - Lots of bug fixes.
`----

http://www.winehq.org/?announce=0.9.38

Related:

Zenwalk 4.2 -- There isn't anything mini about this distro anymore

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall: I am honestly pleased to give this package a 4 Pennie review.
| The simplicity of the system, the functionality and way that Zenwalk
| keeps everything basic. There is no fluff to the system, there is no
| monster 4 Gig download, no extra packages that you will never, ever
| need. The team in France really has a gem. It does need a little
| polish on the installation, especially on the networking, which does
| require some insite, which hopefully we helped you understand. Now,
| it is hard to capture everything you need, so please look to the
| forums or here if you need additional support there. Other than that,
| the installation is pretty easy to follow given that it is a text
| based installer for a slackware system.
`----

http://knolinux.com/2007/01/13/zenwalk-42--there-isnt-anything-mini-about-this-distro-anymore.aspx

Zenwalk 4.6 Beta 1 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Main changes in this release are: kernel 2.6.21, with KVM support;
| a new toolchain, featuring a new glibc and GCC so that most
| packages have been rebuilt; Xfce 4.4.1 with new plugins and
| system notifications (for example, udev now send user notifications
| about hotplugged devices); Firefox 2.0.0.3, Thunderbird 2.0.0.0;
| many improvements in the base system and admin tools. You will
| notice that Zenwalk installer has been simplified a lot, making
| it one of the simplest setups available in the GNU/Linux world...
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9829.phtml

Zenwalk Live 4.4.1

,----[ Quote ]