Re: Nice review of amarok

__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Saturday 02 June 2007 00:45 \__

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:32:29 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Kier ] on Friday 01 June 2007 19:22 \__
>>
>>> What it says on the tin:
>>>
>>> http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/06/01/amarok-a-review/
>>
>> I love AmaroK, but it's very heavy. After about a year I moved back to
>> XMMS (at home and at work). It's solid proof that less is sometimes more.
>
> xmms is a nice little program, no doubt about it, but I must admit I still
> like Amarok best of all.

Unless it's in sight, I don't see the advantage. With global keyboard
accelerators it can just be in some other virtual desktop doing its thing
(or minimised). The sound quality is the same. Maybe album management, file
scanning, and recommendation engines are of use here. But no much so... XMMS
doesn't have album covers displayed in its translucent OSD.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
         run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S