[News] [Linux] Musix Linux Reaches 1.0 Milstone and Released, Other Audio Tools Reviewed

Nice Web site, too.

http://www.musix.org.ar/

Catching Up With JOST

,----[ Quote ]
| JOST 0.2.3 is cool. It allows sequential chaining of plugins,
| includes session save/recall, and performs beautifully with
| JACK. But just as I was getting used to its design, Lucio
| decided to rework some of JOST's basic features. This new
| design has resulted in a concurrent beta version of JOST
| (0.3.0) that adds some great new features to this
| already neat software.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000233

Attack of the Pod Penguins: Putting it All Together

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that you have the podcasting tools down, put them together in a
| workflow that keeps you working smoothly, podcast after podcast.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/053007-pod-penguin.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Related:

Attack of the Pod Penguins 7: Encoding with lame

,----[ Quote ]
| Tune your spoken-word podcast for quick download, or your music
| podcast for a high-quality listening experience. We survey
| your MP3 options.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/030107-pod-penguins.html?page=5

Something's Happening Here [Linux Audio]

,----[ Quote ]
| Many cool things are happening in the Linux audio world, I have a lot
| of profiles and reviews in the works, so stay tuned and check in again
| soon.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000216

2.0 released for OS X and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Nearly 2 years of work have gone into this new version. Along the way a
| huge number of bugs were fixed, performance and workflow were improved,
| and many new features were added.
`----

http://www.ardour.org/node/895

Ubuntu Studio [Release Delayed]

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Studio 7.04 Feisty Fawn
|
| NOT YET RELEASED April 2007
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio

Ubuntu Studio & Ardour2 Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| The first screenshot is a clean view of the Ubuntu Studio desktop. It's
| hard to see (as this 1600×1200 desktop shot has been resized) but the
| custom theme they have created is simply awe inspiring...
`----

http://www.ubustu.com/globe/2007/04/14/ubuntu-studio-ardour2-screenshots/

Enhancing second language acquisition with Audacity

,----[ Quote ]
| As a language educator, I recommend Audacity for teachers,
| students, and researchers. It provides a number of great tools for
| analysis, content creation, and learning.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/14/1735237&from=rss

A Good Beginning (And Some Holiday DSP)

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope you've enjoyed this random blend of news and reviews. My next
| entry will profile the Aldrin music composition software and will
| include an interview with its author, Leonard 'paniq' Ritter. Until
| then, stay tuned, keep swinging, and I hope you all enjoy a fine
| and mellow holiday season.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000147

New instruments for new music

,----[ Automated translation ]
| The Audio Linux Conference of Berlin showed how it is possible to
| be revolutionized electronic music with programs and instruments
| done by the own composers.
`----

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&u=http%3A//news.bbc.co.uk/hi/spanish/misc/newsid_6500000/6500231.stm

Original, in Spanish:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/spanish/misc/newsid_6500000/6500231.stm

Review of dyne:bolic 2.4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusion
|
| Man, I wish I had this 10 years ago when I was recording and
| playing music full time. This is a great system packed with
| very handy software that can easily cost you several thousand
| dollars of outboard gear to replace.
`----

http://www.openaddict.com/review_of_dynebolic_2_4_2.html

I'm JADed! [JackLab Audio Distribution, Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| So has my quest ended ? Well, despite the sidetrips taken during
| the post-installation configuration I'm very impressed with JAD,
| and I'll leave it as the default system for the old box. I'm
| building a more powerful 32-bit machine now, and I intend to
| load it with the JAD distro. Given its excellent performance
| on my ancient iron, I look forward to its performance on a more
| suitable machine.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000208

Getting My Kicks On Route 64

,----[ Quote ]
| More users are jumping on the 64-bit bandwagon, and the 64Studio
| developers are doing their best to make the ride as smooth as possible.
| Bumps may occur, and users experiencing problems with the system can
| reach Daniel and Free via the active 64Studio mail-list. If you own a
| 64-bit (AMD or Intel) machine and want to know how it handles
| contemporary Linux sound and music software, check out 64Studio,
| it's Da 64-bit Bomb.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000126

Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded