[News] Microsoft Buys Those It Betrayed, Google Enjoys Free Lunch at Yahoo's Expense

[Tellme's Mike McCue] Finding His Voice

,----[ Quote ]
| FC: Microsoft crippled Netscape, where you worked in the 1990s. You
| even helped the Justice Department develop its Microsoft antitrust
| case. Did you hesitate to sell out to them?
|
| McCue: It's funny. During the antitrust battles, I was in the thick
| of it--testifying to the Senate judiciary staff, the whole thing.
| Then I'd go out for drinks with the guys from Microsoft. We built
| up quite a camaraderie. Plus, I always had this niggly feeling that
| Netscape was too arrogant. Google is now the arrogant upstart. Not
| that Microsoft isn't arrogant, but it is chastened. It's the
| underdog, and it knows it.
|
| FC: Was Google sniffing around Tellme?
|
| McCue: Yes.
`----

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/116/next-tech.html?partner=yahoofeed

Why Google loves developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Millions of people use Google's Web services every day. Now the search
| giant wants to actively recruit the geek elite of software programmers.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6187630.html

Yahoo's chief technology officer resigns

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6187660.html