[News] Google to Expand with a $0.6 Billion Datacentre, Presentation Tech Acquisition

  • Subject: [News] Google to Expand with a $0.6 Billion Datacentre, Presentation Tech Acquisition
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:52:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Google to build $600 million data center in Iowa

,----[ Quote ]
| Separately, Google told a news conference in Paris that the Mountain
| View, California-based company aims to cut or offset all of its
| greenhouse emissions by the end of the year.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070619:MTFH83848_2007-06-19_20-49-42_N19166064&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/3dumcq

Launched an initiative for green automobiles as well. They seem to be departing
from technology to an extent, just like Microsoft.

Google acquires Zenter, online slideshow tool

,----[ Quote ]
| Zenter first unveiled its service in mid-March and has since stayed
| fairly quiet. The service lets users import Microsoft PowerPoint
| presentations, as well as grab bits of content from all over the
| Web for making presentations that can be viewed and shared in the Web
| browser.
|
| [...]
|
| While Google hasn't announced a timeline of when we can expect to
| see the official presentation application, as of last week, users
| of Google's Gmail service have been able to open attached PowerPoint
| files inside their message windows without having the software
| installed.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9731701-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

This sort of technology can lead to some broken chairs. Web-based presentations
are nothing new, but Google can make these popular.