Re: Shuttleworth won't talk with M$.

____/ Roy Schestowitz on Wednesday 20 June 2007 00:47 : \____

> ____/ William Poaster on Tuesday 19 June 2007 17:09 : \____
>
>> In his blog on Saturday Saturday June 19th, Mark Shuttleworth
>> wrote that:  *We have declined to discuss any agreement with Microsoft,
>> under the threat of unspecified patent agreements*. Allegations of
>> “infringement of unspecified patents” carry no weight whatsoever.
>>
>> No negotiations with Microsoft in progress
>> http://www.markshuttleworth.com.
>
> Red Hat and mandriva are with him (confirmed). Microsoft has grabbed the
> 'weak ones' (by paying them money to take the bait).

Hmmm... this one is worth quoting.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Ubuntu-Red-Hat-reject-Microsoft-patent-deal/0,130061733,339278741,00.htm

"I have no confidence in Microsoft's Open XML specification to deliver a
vibrant, competitive and healthy market of multiple implementations. I don't
believe that the specifications are good enough, nor that Microsoft will hold
itself to the specification when it does not suit the company to do so,"
Shuttleworth said.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)