Re: [News] [Linux] Linux Enthusiasts Show Their Support

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Interview With Fred Miller - GNU/Linux Evangelist

,----[ Quote ]
| [Q:] Once a migration is approved and announced, where do you see the | biggest resistance to a new system? | | [A:] To be honest, most resistance has been from those who are the least | productive employees. Those who understand that their employer owns | the hardware, not them, and that they are there to do a job and not | "play" are happier with Linux than Windows because it's most often

Chances are that's a fairly accurate statement because on firm I used to work for decided to lock down their mobile force's laptops so they could not add programs, modify anything and so forth. It created quite a stir in the company and most people, at least from what I observed, were not very happy at all. I can say for a fact that our administration time went way down because of this and while I was not privy to productivity numbers I feel I can truthfully say that productivity went up.