Re: Micoshaft Destroyed in Norway

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 19 June 2007 11:34 : \____

> John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:14:39 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>><newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>http://www.linpro.no/en/nyheter_og_events/2007/linpro_vant_frem_mot_microsoft

>>>How as volume licensing of this nature ever legal in the first place. It's
>>>clearly anti-competitive. When will politicians in America have the same
>>>courage as these that you find in Scandinavia? And why am I forced to pay
>>>for an Office and Windows licence I have never used?
>>
>> You would think that in the U.S. the tax payers would be up in
>> arms over the many billions of dollars they've paid Microsoft in
>> exchange for nothing.
>>

> Perhaps they would be if they knew.  The media in the US is pretty much
> all owned by major business interests - the last thing they would do
> their is inform the public about such corruption...

>From an economical point of view, this is akin to a pyramid scheme. The
government needs tax and it can receive some tax from Microsoft (never mind if
the accounts are located in Ireland or Switzerland). Microsoft has all sorts
of partners, affiliates and so forth. They all work together as a group to
keep the money flowing in their own circles, which usually happen to involve
the United States. People who live overseas suffer more because their money is
pumped out of their country and winds up in the hands of Mr. Bush, who needs
more tanks and helicopters... you know, to get more oil, boost production, and
keep the money flowing. It's a cyclic thing and, at the end of the day, it's
only greed that sucks the health out of those who are at the bottom (their
number increases by the day while the gaps widen).

But... let's keep it technical(ish). I hate politics.

Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
lies.