[News] [OSS] Google O/S Comes Along in Unexpected Form

  • Subject: [News] [OSS] Google O/S Comes Along in Unexpected Form
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:16:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Google OS Expands: MS, Apple and Linux Need Not Worry

,----[ Quote ]
| How Far Into the Desktop Will Google Go? Well, I know that the Gears team
|  has been working with Adobe to offer the latest abilities of Google Gears
| in their products. But I suspect that Google is smart enough not to become
| to entangled in any messy partnerships that would ultimately cost them
| one platform over another.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2580

Related:

What the world needs now is Google Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Following Microsoft's inking of agreements with Linux hawkers,
| offering to shield them from lawsuits over the 235 patents it
| reckons versions of Linux infringe, a gathering of open sorcerers
| is assembling at Google HQ to debate what is to be done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7747894@N05/530284454/in/set-72157600310669314/

Live from the Linux Collaboration Summit

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070613083618132