Re: Is Google Becoming More Like Microsoft (in a Bad Way)?

On Jun 19, 7:44 am, Kier <val...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:51:42 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > ____/ Dr. Zhivago on Tuesday 19 June 2007 00:41 : \____
> >> Jesus <snip>
>
> > *plonk*
>
> > Stick to one name, Gary.
>

> It isn't flatfish. Nothing like flatfish, at all.

Agreed.  Flatfish has manners, and doesn't have to resort to
profanity when he can't actually offer a sensible counter-argument.

Doc,  feel free to post a nice long (if you wish) rebuttal, pointing
to evidence that shows that Microsoft is the innocent victim and that
Google is the predatory monopoly who has openly defied law enforcement
authorities.  Feel free to articles you've previously read from
memory.

A fully researched document, complete with references, links, and
supporting documentation can take about 2-3 days per page.  These are
usenet postings, responses to a public discussions.  In effect, like
the speakers in a public forum.

If somebody were paying me to post these, perhaps by the page, or by
the word, I'd be more careful to research all my assertions, and
provide links for everything.

Since I'm posting these during short breaks between meetings or other
activities, I often have to complete a posting in a few minutes, or
for longer articles, have to packs as many words as possible into a 10
minute period, perhaps 3-4 10 minute "blasts" over the day.

Fortunately I use a Dvorak keyboard and I can type about 80 words per
minute.  I'm lots of fun on chats. :-D

> Surprisingly enough, not
> all trolls are flatfish.

There are lots of people who really like Microsoft's products, and
don't really know much about Linux, OSS, or even the infrastructure of
the Internet at all.  They think that Microsoft does all of the work -
because their desk has the windows logo on all of the client
applications.

They seem to think that Bill Gates can do no wrong, because he has a
$40 billion net worth.

What they are doing on COLA, I'm not sure, but their dialogue and
arguments, well presented, make the discussions on this group much
more interesting.