[News] [Linux] Microsoft could not attempt lawsuits, even if it wants to

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Microsoft could not attempt lawsuits, even if it wants to
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:56:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's Linux patent threats dismissed as baseless

,----[ Quote ]
| "The reality is that they are not going to sue a single customer," says
| Jim Zemlin, executive director of the Linux Foundation. "It would not be
| in their business interest. Microsoft is not going to sue their customers."
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/technology/operating-systems/nix/in-depth/index.cfm?articleid=579

Some sources say they have already threatened with lawsuits, which is a good
thing, because it will have the same effect as SCO's and drive the customers
away for good. It's a reality now, based on many migrations. Sun's CEO had
something to say about this. Here is their most recent rebuttal to arguments
about 'duplicity'

Hardware Archaeology

,----[ Quote ]

`----