[News] [Linux] Linux Grows, But Not at the Expense of UNIX

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Linux Grows, But Not at the Expense of UNIX
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:07:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MarketWatch: The Persistence of Unix

,----[ Quote ]
| In short, don't count these Unixes out just yet. These three
| Unixes are forces in their own right, and they will have to
| be reckoned with.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=4C2AA407-E7A9-4F27-AFA1-D68B2B2D41C8

Just another company that today announces support for Linux...

Extreme Engineering Targets Eighteen PowerPC Processors on ATCA Blade

,----[ Quote ]
| "In-house software support for Linux and QNX immediately, VxWorks and
| Integrity planned,"
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,123582.shtml

UNIX revenue keeps growing, so which is the losing side (in terms of market
share, not just revenue)?

Related:

Survey: The Demise Of Unix Is Exaggerated

,----[ Quote ]
| A new study from the Gabriel Consulting Group shows that
| use of Unix, particularly in high-end systems, is on the
| rise in the enterprise.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=DVVELH2S4DGFIQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=197001433

If Unix isn't dying, why is SCO?