[News] [Linux] WindLight Advanced Atmospheric Rendering Goes GPL

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] WindLight Advanced Atmospheric Rendering Goes GPL
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:45:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
WindLight code GPL'ed by Linden Lab

,----[ Quote ]
| The WindLight advanced atmospheric rendering technology that Linden
| Lab purchased in May has been made available as part of the SL
| Viewer source code, which is released under the GPL.
`----

http://www.life2thefull.org/la2ndlife/archives/10-WindLight-code-GPLed-by-Linden-Lab.html

Film's aspiration to become open source (and open ended) as well...

Open Source: The Future of Film?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.fastcompany.com/archives/2007/06/14/open_source_the_future_of_film.html