[News] [Linux] SJVN: Linux is Winning, Microsoft is Acknowledging It

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] SJVN: Linux is Winning, Microsoft is Acknowledging It
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:16:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Microsoft and Linux companies are tying the knot

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's wonderful Truth Happens video ends with the famous Mohandas
| Gandhi quote, "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then
| they fight you. Then you win." It's exactly right.
|
| To me, the Linux/Microsoft deals not only make sense, they show that
| we are in the last stage. Linux is winning, and Microsoft is
| acknowledging it. After all, if Microsoft didn't have to
| deal with Linux as something like an equal, why would they
| bother to make agreements at all?

Also today:

Open-source desktop quest almost complete
http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/tech/E294ACFEFAB780C8CC2572FA007D6489

Regardless of what happens, Ubuntu and Red Hat are clearly on the safe
side...

Ubuntu says no, but will the Mandriva management follow suit?

,----[ Quote ]
| On the Mandriva Cooker mailinglist there was the following request
| based on my earlier article that made the case that Mandriva and
| TurboLinux might be next to partner with Microsoft.
`----

http://opensourcelearning.info/blog/?p=362

Related:

[Mark Shuttleworth Interview]

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is asking people to pay them for patents, but they won't
| say which ones. If a guy walks into a shop and says: "It's an
| unsafe neighbourhood, why don't you pay me 20 bucks and I'll make
| sure you're okay," that's illegal. It's racketeering. What Microsoft
| is doing with intellectual property is exactly the same.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/nephp/?m=show&id=6672

Court: Microsoft, Best Buy must stand trial for racketeering

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=5059