[News] [Linux] Norway Adopts Open Source Policies

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Norway Adopts Open Source Policies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 03:39:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open source software - A key element in Norwegian ICT-strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| Last but not least we will evaluate how to promote knowledge and training
| in open source software in further education. And we will collaborate on
| improved educational courses on this subject at college and university
| level.
`----

http://www.regjeringen.no/nb/dep/fad/dep/Fornyings-_og_administrasjonsminister/taler_artikler/2007/eZ-Conference---Awards.html?id=471985

Bergen has had plans to go Linux for a while. Never been a better time...

Slashdotted yesterday:

Microsoft bows to complaint from Linpro

,----[ Quote ]
`----