Re: [News] [Linux] Linux Development Continues and Gains Speed, Microsoft FUD Forgotten

____/ ed on Sunday 17 June 2007 23:03 : \____

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:35:08 +0100
>
>> | "We add 2,000 lines of code a day to the Linux kernel. We work on
>> | 2,800 lines of code a day. I've never seen the pace of change that
>> | Linux has shown," said kernel developer Greg Kroah-Hartman, citing
>> | the accelerated pace on the open source operating system.
>
> i didnt realise so many lines of code were committed daily. that's a
> lot more than i'd have guessed, given the security checking etc.

There are lot of observers outside the LF/RHT/NOVL circle, e.g. Oracle, IBM,
H-P. Some are not even being paid. I used to track the changes in WordPress
by watching tickets and changesets, sent from SVN by E-mail...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Slashdot is standard-compliant... in Japan"
 03:00:01 up 1 day,  8:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.49, 1.92, 1.86