[News] [Linux] Microsoft "Bullies", Prepares for a World Dominated by Linux

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Microsoft "Bullies", Prepares for a World Dominated by Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:56:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Micro$oft continues bullying for intellectual property licenses.

,----[ Quote ]
| These moves have excalated from private lawsuits against individuals to
| open hostility against the world of free software and most recently,
| to inking cross-licensing (i.e.: "protection") agreements.
|
| All of this is, naturally, under the guise of "improving
| interoperability" between software products.
`----

http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18486567&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475590&rfi=6#08310989284596593909
http://tinyurl.com/34u7eo

Is Microsoft preparing for the end of Windows and dominance of Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the best analysis of the Microsoft/Linspire deal was written by
| Dennis Byron (Research 2.0) Should this deal eventually involve vouchers
| like the Novell deal, he says, what we might be looking at is Microsoft’s
| graceful exit from Windows (well, maybe not graceful and maybe not without
| milking it for a good decade, a la IBM and its mainframes).
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node%2F16267#09785980181374299903

The good news for the GPLv3:

GPLv2 or GPLv3?: Inside the Debate