Re: [Linux] Ubuntu Linux 7.04 Rated 92/100 ("Superior")

Mark Kent wrote:

> Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Jun 14, 8:59 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> Reviews - Ubuntu Linux 7.04
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> I wonder if PC will name it "Product of the Year".
>> To My knowledge only Red Hat has had that distinction,
>> but Ubuntu certainly deserves the title.
>>

> It is extremely good...
>
> I've just ordered a pre-built mythtv machine from efficientpc.co.uk,
> with a dual hauppage digital tuner, and ubuntu 7.04.  I'm intending to
> replace the set-top digital tuner and the DVD/DIVX player which sit in
> the TV room at the moment, as well as (as always) network the audio &
> video around the house.

I'm using it at the moment. It's no 'n00b distro', it's whatever you make
out of it. It's rock solid, polished, and consistent. It's like Tiger in
terms of polish, which is of course a bar set high. Some would diagree,
sure... I'm thinking about changing some software at the moment, but I'll
probably carry on posting on Saturday. Even Groklaw misses me! :-) :-)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
http://Schestowitz.com  |     GNU/Linux     �     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Mem:    515500k total,   493900k used,    21600k free,     4156k buffers