Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Spread More Propaganda as People Walk Away to Linux

> __/ [ Linonut ] on Thursday 14 June 2007 01:37 \__
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>> wisdom:
>>
>>> Well, well, well...
>>>
>>> Our friends at Microsoft are so scared of Linux adoption in Europe that
>>> they have just conducted a 'study', just like the one they conducted in
>>> Indiana schools, which moved to Linux. For your laughter...
>>>
>>> http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,121518.shtml
>>
>>     Microsoft Products Preferred by European Schools
>>     Author : Microsoft Corp.
>>     Category : PressRelease
>>     News Alerts by Email click here )
>>     Create your own RSS
>>     PressRelease News | Create your own RSS | Home
>>
>>     PARIS, June 13 /PRNewswire/ --
>>
>>     New study finds that Microsoft products are better suited to teaching
>>     and learning, compared with open source solutions.
>>
>> What a knee slapper!  cc'll lap it right up!
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=511
>
> "Wipro Technologies is a Gold Certified Microsoft partner."
>
> I guess that's what Microsoft has partners for. They have another "
> "Gold Certified Microsoft partner" doing a 'study' this day about Linux
> servers.

This stuff really is laughable.  How could anyone be fooled by such
obvious marketing drivel?

Anyone spending vital education money with foreign companies for
proprietary solutions when there are perfectly good free solutions
available should be encouraged to leave their job straight away.