Re: Linspire latest sell out to Microsoft Patent FUD

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Thursday 14 June 2007 11:13 \__

> It was on, or about,  Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:34:02 +0100, that as I was
> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Au79 ] on Thursday 14 June 2007 07:02 \__

>>> I wouldn't say "so many", although one would argue that even just one
>>> company folding is considered too many. There are, however, companies
>>> that have maintained their cool and we can count on them to reject MS
>>> Raketeer's "..an offer you can't refuse".
>>
>> Linspire was no surprise, unlike Novell. Linspire was even close to the
>> Enderle shill.
>
> IMHO, &  few others, Linspire isn't a "proper" linux distro anyway. It
> was set up more like windoze that a linux OS. I can't say I'm surprised
> it's folded to M$ patent threats.

They say their aim (or at least fruits) was to make a 'cheap Windows' rather
than rely on and sell the strengths of Linux. This was not surprising to
those who have followed the forums for the past month. They made Linux look
bad sometimes. I'm surprised because their philosophy is very different from
Ubuntu's, yet those two 'camps' hav a partenrship (I don't know how close
Kevin and Mark are).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
         run-level 5  Jun 11 08:03                   last=S