Re: MS Lawsuits - what no one has noticed.....

__/ [ peterwn ] on Thursday 14 June 2007 06:37 \__

> On Jun 14, 5:08 pm, "Jim Hubbard" <J...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The one thing that is blindingly obvious to me about the Microsoft threats
>> of patent lawsuits has gone all but unnoticed in the main stream media.
>>
>> If is it true that Microsoft holds patents on the Linux OS that it can use
>> to force compliance from Linux distos, then wouldn't that mean that
>> Microsoft is truly a monopoly where operating systems are concerned?
>>
>> If it is truly a monopoly, we should again look into breaking up the
>> company like the government wanted to do back in the 90's.
>>

> Years ago it was the Seven Sisters who were broken up.  Now it is 'Big
> Brorher'.
>
> Problem is, though, M$ had the DOJ in its pocket.

Jim, do you have any reference? I have a couple that suggest Microsoft
threatens businesses and collects money off the record, but I knew nothing
about lawsuits.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
roy      pts/7                         Thu Jun 14 01:36 - 01:36  (00:00)