[News] [Linux] ASA Officials Confirm That UNIX-type Systems Are Inherently More Secure Than Windows

Macs are more secure: official

,----[ Quote ]
| The ASA received 14 complaints, nine of which considered the virus
| claims misleading and irresponsible because viruses attack operating
| systems rather than machines and some PCs could run on operating
| systems, like Linux, which were just as safe as Mac OSX. Apple
| said the advert was meant to refer to PCs running Microsoft
| Windows and provided evidence that 97 per cent of home PCs -
| targeted by the ad - run Microsoft Windows. Apple identified
| 114,000 viruses that target PCs and that it did not claim Macs
| were entirely immune to viruses.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/13/macs_asa_cleared/

Related:

Microsoft : Arrogance leads to Vulnerability

,----[ Quote ]
| Chatting with the Microsoft senior sales people, I was struck by
| their incredible arrogance. They know the company's products are good,
| but they have no qualms whatsoever about charging top dollar as a
| result.
|
| It reminds us how Microsoft used to behave when it comes to their
| products' security records. IE5 and 6 were nothing short of being
| proper Swiss Cheese with loads of holes in them but hey, they had 95%
| of the browser market at that time and couldn't care less.
`----

http://securityblog.itproportal.com/?p=514

How secure are Linux, Window and Mac OS?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.masuran.org/node/29