Re: Roy Schestowitz is a god damn idiot.

On Jun 13, 10:31 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> __/ [ Dr. Hurt ] on Wednesday 13 June 2007 14:53 \__
> > "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Windows Vista DVD: Who Are Those People In That Picture?
> >> ,----[ Quote ]

Microsoft frequently lets it's developers put some form of personal
"signature" on their work.  One of the more entertaining ones was an
easter egg in Microsoft Excel which included a 3D maze, a few minor
obstacles, and when you got to "the treasure room" you saw a scrolling
list of all of the developers.  It was entertaining, amusing, even
interesting, and possibly even fun.

Of course, that little "easter egg" turned out to increase the size of
Excel substantially, and forced the OS to load DLL functions and
objects, even though they weren't actually needed.  It increased the
memory requirements to run Microsoft Office as well.

Bill has publicly announced his beliefs on the matter "Ram is Cheap,
Disk is Cheap, CPU cycles are cheap".  (Software should be
expensive?).

If all there is is a hologram on the DVD, that's not such a big deal.
It could have been worse.  Microsoft could have included 3D "Avitars"
based on high resolution scans of each developer and made them sing or
dance.  That would have increased the requirements for a simple
spreadsheet to about 1 gigabyte.

Sometimes it seems like Microsoft actually looks for ways to WASTE as
much memory and disk drive as they can, just to force people to buy
new computers, and maybe keep Linux off the desktop.

The big question is "What other easter eggs might there be?".  Maybe
some 10 megapixel images of Bill and the gang?  Maybe some HDTV
footage of Steve Ballmer going nuts at a Developer's conference?

Probably not a prank.  Holograms are very carefully designed Microsoft
designs them to prevent counterfieting.  If those pictures WEREN'T
there, Microsoft would know that the hologram was a forgery.

> > Wow. Absolutely fscking amazing. Somebody found an Easter Egg - a photo on
> > the Vista DVD.
>
> > STOP THE PRESS!!!
> > NEWS AT 11!!!!
> > HOW CAN MICROSOFT POSSIBLY RECOVER FROM THIS????

LOL
This is a cute response.  It seems like Microsoft has much bigger
problems, than a photograph on a hologram.  But if you can see the
faces in the photograph, you know who to blame.

> You, sir, are rude. I will neither read nor reply
> to any of your messages.

He was rude, using foul language, and poor grammar.  My guess is that
he wasn't a paid spokesman for Microsoft.

Meanwhile, Roy, you keep posting your "latest news" so that we can
discuss the issues you find in this newsgroup.

One request though, don't put too many articles in one posting, or put
too many topics in a single posting.  It can be frustrating to try and
respond to all off them or follow the threads when you have 6 topics
in a single post.

Keep up the good work Roy.