[News] [Rival] Both Microsoft and Apple Fail to Innovate, Unlike Linux

Apple's Annual Developer's Conference Disappoints For Its Lack of Innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple shares fell 3.45% yesterday on general investor disappointment
| with what was perceived as a lack of innovation at Apple's annual
| software developer's conference [WWDC].
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070612/38015_id.html?.v=1

Deja view

,----[ Quote ]
| The article reminded me of a meeting I had with some Microsoft execs
| late last year to run through Vista and its new features. As they
| presented "innovations" such as the Sidebar and Gadgets and Instant
| Search I couldn't help be reminded of the features I'd already
| used on a Mac and seen demonstrated on Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| Where is the real innovation on the desktop, reflcting the fact that
| users no longer want to be tied to a machine in an office (did they
| ever) or a specific device. Will it come from Red Hat? Or Google?
| Or Ubuntu?
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/06/deja_view.html

The following image says it all (where innovation and creativity truly comes
from):

http://www.gridter.com/articles/software_cycle.html

Have a look at KDE 4 if you want to see some true innovation.