[News] A Call for Freeware Games to Become Free Open Source, New Game Release for Linux

  • Subject: [News] A Call for Freeware Games to Become Free Open Source, New Game Release for Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:12:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Debunking reasons not to open source indie freeware games

,----[ Quote ]
| Make the smart decision, open source your freeware game. There is a good
| reason that those experienced with open source strongly advocate it's
| application. It works. It's not a miracle cure for a dying project though,
| so don't wait until you have already lost your way, strike whilst the iron
| is hot. It is never too early to open source your freeware game project!
`----

http://freegamer.blogspot.com/2007/06/debunking-reasons-not-to-open-source.html

The Lesser Apps of KDE - Games

,----[ Quote ]
| While many people know that KDE does comes with a selection of games,
| which most OS's seem to come with these days, few are truly aware of
| what those games are and how they relate to their mainstream counterparts.
| In this look at the Lesser Apps of KDE, we'll take a peak at each of
| the included games, what they are, and in some cases we will relate those
| games to their mainstream counterparts to give you a comparison of the
| two or a point of reference when considering such games.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=262

Windows and Tiger do not come with so many games.

Runes Of Avalon Comes To Linux - An Epic Puzzle Game

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26189