[News] New Version of DreamLinux Released

  • Subject: [News] New Version of DreamLinux Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 03:54:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Dreamlinux offers new multimedia edition

,----[ Quote ]
| The Dreamlinux project, a Brazilian distribution based on Debian, Knoppix,
| and Morphix, today announced the release of a Multimedia GL edition of
| Dreamlinux 2.2.

Dreamlinux 2.2 RC3 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The Dreamlinux Team is pleased to announce the availability of the
| Release Candidate 3 of the 2.2 Multimedia GL edition.
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9838.phtml

Dreamlinux 2.2 RC1 Multimedia GL

,----[ Quote ]
| Hitting the web a few days ago was the first release candidate for
| the multimedia GL edition of Dreamlinux 2.2. This new release is
| built against the Debian testing repository, the multimedia plugins
| and codecs have been updated, and this release also includes Beryl
| 0.2 final. This release does also include the latest proprietary
| drivers from NVIDIA and ATI.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=679&num=1

Review of Dreamlinux 2.2 Media Edition (sort of)

,----[ Quote ]
| An odd distro that no one ever seems to discuss which looks good (at
| face value). Something which claims to be a "media edition" is surely
| worth my time while I continue my quest to find the most usable Linux
| distro of 2007. Unfortunately things didn't go to plan...
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/review_of_dreamlinux_2_2_media_edition_sort_of_

Review: Dreamlinux 2.2

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to choosing a Linux distribution, people tend to stick
| with the major players, such as Ubuntu, SUSE, or Fedora. However,
| every once in a while a distro comes along that offers a look at
| Linux in a new and fun way. One such distribution is Dreamlinux,
| a Morphix-based implementation of Linux that can be run from a
| single CD or installed on a hard drive. Dreamlinux 2.2 aims to
| offer a full range of desktop applications while providing a
| wealth of multimedia tools for easy production of
| professional-grade media.

Dreamlinux 2.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Dreamlinux is one of the lesser known distributions, and certainly
| does not appear in the headlines with the same frequency as Ubuntu
| or openSUSE. However, it seems to have been ticking along nicely,
| with the 1.0 release about a year ago. Today, we're looking at
| DreamLinux 2.2, based on Debian with bits borrowed from Morphix.
`----

http://www.free-bees.co.uk/articles/dreamlinux22/

DREAMLINUX : Not Quiet a Dream but still Good

,----[ Quote ]
| Speed Wise DreamLinux works like a charm being based on less resource
| hungry XFCE . Though i had some problem installing DreamLinux onto
| harddisk but overall DreamLinux is really good Linux Distro for
| someone new to Linux with a old hardware it works really well for
| playing Audio/Video files and surfing the internet and being based
| on XFCE and stable Debian platform is another plus. Overall you
| could give this distro a try it might not be a Ideal Dream OS but
| still is quiet functional and since can work as a LIVE CD mode so
| you should have no problem trying it out.
`----

http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2007/02/dreamlinux-22-review-nice-linux-based.html

Dreamlinux 2.2 MME -- when dreams come true

,----[ Quote ]
| Dreamlinux is a fine distribution for a desktop multimedia center.
| It can already be a good competitor for other multimedia-centered
| distros like dyne:bolic or the Ubuntu clones like Linux Mint or
| Ubuntu Multimedia Center. If you are an experienced Linux user,
| Dreamlinux probably won?t offer you any extra value. But you may
| still consider recommending it for your non-geek friends that care
| for stability and great multimedia support out-of-the-box.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/reviews/dreamlinux-22-mme-when-dreams-come-true/

Dreamlinux Multimedia Edition 2.2 -- Things just keep getting better in
Brazil

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://knolinux.com/2007/01/04/dreamlinux-multimedia-edition-22--things-just-keep-getting-better-in-brazil.aspx