[News] Times of India: Time to Switch to GNU/Linux?

  • Subject: [News] Times of India: Time to Switch to GNU/Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 02:56:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Time for a switch?

,----[ Quote ]
| Powerful, easy to use, bug-free - and best of all - FREE! Linux is becoming
| the Operating System of choice for many internet aficionados.
`----

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/City_Supplements/Bombay_Times/Time_for_a_switch_/articleshow/2162152.cms#8479804348158704573
http://tinyurl.com/3yjxns

It is still hysterically amusing that Microsoft has just become a hardware
vendor in India and it boasts a PC that costs 'only' $520 (in India!). It runs
bloatware, so it can't match the cost of /far/ cheaper Linux PCs, which
contain /far/ more software (no "Starter Edition").

Some might say that company is out of its mind if it thinks this will appeal to
people who haven't much money (never mind the running costs, 'maintenance',
and energy consumption of Windows).

Related:

PC resellers strike against Microsoft in India

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/it-business/supplier-relations/news/index.cfm?newsid=3114