Re: BBC: Oh no! The EU is after us for being Microsoft's b**ch and forcing Windows+DRM

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 29 June 2007 15:17 : \____

>> ____/ dapunka on Friday 29 June 2007 13:13 : \____

>>> <snipped for brevity>
>>>
>>> If you're a UK citizen, you can sign an e-petition against the Beeb's
>>> DRM download debacle at
>>> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/iplayer/
>>
>> All the petitions I've signed for Number 10 have been ignored, even when
>> thousands of people were involved. The government is moved by the money and
>> many signatures will only lead to some polite and short formal reply. It's a
>> waste of time.
>>

> I must protest :-)  Taking an active part in any democratic process is
> never a waste of time.  Even spoiling a ballot paper is better than not
> turning up.

I think that the time can sometimes be spent better, even promoting the same
cause that voting is for. I don't vote. Not until it goes Web-based or
something... which is unlikely because of Windows and all that
malware/keyloggers/hijacking...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?
Swap:  1510068k total,   442140k used,  1067928k free,    54384k cached