Re: In case Microsoft DOES sue...

____/ dapunka on Friday 29 June 2007 13:00 : \____

> On 29 Jun, 12:05, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ____/ spi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 29 June 2007 11:49 : \____
>>
>> > Anonymous <m...@xxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

>> > In order for microsoft to sue, they must first DISCLOSE what they are
>> > suing about and give reasonable time for that stuff's removal and
>> > replacement.
>>
>> > They've been blowing the patent trumpet for months now and what have we
>> > got out of it? Not a jot, not a line of text, not even a patent number.
>>
>> > If they sue without due disclosure, they'll be laughed out of court.
>>
>> Their explanation was a very funny one. They don't offer disclosure because
>> it's a lot of paperwork. I'm not joking. That kind of gives away it away,
>> doesn't it? It shows that they are as confident as SCO.
>
> Frankly I find this whole business bizarre.
>
> If Microsoft want to make an issue about some Linux developer
> breaching patents of theirs, Microsoft have to specify which patent/s
> have been breached, right?  In fact, don't they have to send the
> developer a "cease and desist" notice first?  (IANAL, so please
> correct me if I've got anything wrong here)
>
> But Microsoft haven't specified any patents that they think have been
> breached... they've just made made vague noises about how Linux
> violates 235 or 238 unidentified patents.
>
> Any sane Linux developer would, you'd think, laugh at the whole
> thing.  They certainly wouldn't enter into pacts with Microsoft to
> avoid these spurious legal actions.  You'd think.
>
> But Novell - a company that is large, successful, and in possession of
> well-qualified business and legal minds, /has/ entered into such a
> deal (along with Xandros, Linspire... band-wagon-jumping developers
> who I've never had much time for anyway).  What the hell is Novell
> playing Microsoft's bizarre game for?
>
> If anyone can give me a good answer to this, I'd be very
> appreciative.  Please, there's no need for pro/anti-Microsoft politics
> to enter into this.  I honestly just want to know what is going on.

Microsoft /paid/ all these companies to accept these deals they did not truly
want. It's all about the money. Microsoft uses money to manipulate the
industry and to send the message that it wishes to send.

This sedentary lifestyle on the Net leads to fatigue. And then you wake up.
 14:20:02 up 12 days, 19:48,  4 users,  load average: 3.29, 2.78, 2.37