[News] Motorola Brings More Linux Phones to South Korea

  • Subject: [News] Motorola Brings More Linux Phones to South Korea
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:41:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Motorola selling Razr2 phone in S.Korea

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola accounted for 11.5 percent of the Korean handset market as of the
| end of April. Samsung Electronics Co. held 55 percent and LG Electronics Inc.
| had 19 percent, according to Korea-based ATLAS Research Group.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070629/ap_on_hi_te/skorea_motorola_razr2

Motorola, unlike those other two, is with the Linux Foundation. No deals with
The Beast.

Related:

Motorola finally launches U.S. Linux phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux/Java has topped CEO Ed Zander's list of things to look for
| from Motorola as it attempts a financial turnaround. At a New
| York press conference this morning, Zander introduced Linux-based"
| Rokr" and "Razr2" models, along with new top-level executives.

Linux expected to be leading Smartphone OS market by 2010

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2006/12/10/linux-to-take-over-smartphone-os-market-by-2010/