Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Listens to Its Customers, Helps Them Escape the Vista Mess

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> Microsoft to simplify downgrades from Vista to XP
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | All this sounds good on (virtual) paper. Like my ZDNet blogging
>> | colleague Ed Bott, I wouldn?t go so far as to call Vista
>> | "Windows Me2." But I know I still wouldn?t want to be a Vista
>> | salesperson...
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=543
>>
>> Hey, [H]omer, even Bott and Foley nicked your joke. Perhaps it's you
>> who invented this and Charlie -- the man that made it popular.
>
> That's OK, Demerjian and Foley have a license to use my trademark ;)
>
> And, er ... who says I'm "joking"?
>
> I'm deadly serious; Vista *is* "Windows ME2"®.

I think that even Microsoft are recognising this.  Unfortunately,
however, they also recognise that, unlike back in the days of Windows
ME, there is no superior alternative waiting in the wings to tidy up
the mess which Windows ME2 is making.