[News] Another Reason Not to Buy an ATI Graphics Card

  • Subject: [News] Another Reason Not to Buy an ATI Graphics Card
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:06:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
AMD 8.38.7 Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| The train has gone off the tracks. In The Truth About ATI/AMD & Linux,
| AMD's Matthew Tippett had shared with us that the AMD driver release
| cycle is like a train and that "...we are on the train, and to add a
| new carriage or update the carriage, we have to do it while the train
| is running, without stopping the train, or letting anything fall off."
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=764&num=1

Spaking of hardware, there's a huge bargain here:

"At least two large online retailers are selling Nokia's 770 Internet
Tablet for $140. Originally priced at $400,"

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2288025838.html

I tried to get one, but they appears to be shipping only within America.