[News] Linux Sneaks into Sun Microsystems Servers

  • Subject: [News] Linux Sneaks into Sun Microsystems Servers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:05:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux works on Sun server partitions

,----[ Quote ]
| "I just recently finished writing preliminary support for Linux to run
| as a guest under Sun LDoms," said programmer David Miller in a blog
| posting Wednesday.
|
| [...]
|
| Sun is trying to encourage the development of Linux on its newer
| Sparc-based servers, but Solaris remains the company's primary
| operating system focus.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9736820-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Related:

Sun Micro introduces more flexible blade servers

,----[ Quote ]
| The blade servers, collectively known as the Sun Blade 6000 Modular
| System, can be linked together using any combination of UltraSPARC
| chips, Intel's Xeon processor or Opteron. They will also run
| Solaris, Microsoft Windows operating system and the freely
| available Linux operating system.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070606:MTFH86476_2007-06-06_15-39-46_N06382923&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/yrbuhs