Re: [News] [Rival] New Microsoft Initiative in India Reveals Fear of GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Roy Schestowitz on Wednesday 27 June 2007 23:49 : \____
>
>> Microsoft to Sell Low-Cost PCs in India
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The Indian unit of Microsoft Corp. said it will sell low-cost
>> | personal computers with educational content...
>> `----
>>
>> http://online.wsj.com/article
SB118295132443649987.html?mod=yahoo_hs&ru=yahoo

> Update: not a chance.
>
> "The company expects the machines to start selling for 21,000 Indian
> rupees ($513)..."
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6193650.html
>
> Do they really think this can compete with $100 (or less) Linux PCs that
> are more secure and lighter? Seems like wishful thinking, but at least
> they try.

Micoshaft is of course a mixed bag of nuts.
They have no idea they are a software company any more.

And I bet those ultra expensive Micoshaft PCs are
rigged not to run Linux. Or that their BIOS contains
illegal ware, DRM ware, spyware and crapware thats going to rob
schools of installing Linux in them PCs to get them
going when Micoshaft goes bust in a few months.