[News] [Rival] Vista Has BSOD/Restart Problems

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Has BSOD/Restart Problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:37:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Trouble Shooting The Blue Screen of Death

,----[ Quote ]
| Fortunately since Windows 2000 this has become less of a common occurrence,
| or so it seemed. Working late last night at a client’s office on a handful
| of problems already, Windows Vista (Brand new machine, only a week old)
| decided to show me otherwise. While copying some vital files to the
| machine, it restarted windows. After a rebooting to the login screen,
| it then repeated the process of halting and restarted, nice!
`----

http://www.terinea.co.uk/blogs/terineatechtips/2007/06/27/trouble-shooting-the-blue-screen-of-death/
http://tinyurl.com/3x7fe3

Proprietary code and drivers just don't work.

Related:

Would You put Your Life in Vista's Hands?

,----[ Quote ]
| While on a visit in Romania, where Bill Gates participated in the
| celebration of 10 years since the Microsoft branch has been running
| there, and the launch of Vista, declared that, with the right amount
| of administration, the new Vista could run life support systems in
| hospitals.
`----

http://www.techdo.com/would-you-put-your-life-in-windows-vistas-hands/

Watch the video. Also this one: