[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Unable to Cope with Self

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Unable to Cope with Self
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:52:47 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
How To Crash Windows Vista In 10 Seconds Or Less

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's the deal: One of the simplest command sequences you can think of
| will take Vista down completely. Hold down the Windows key and the letter
| "E" for 10 seconds or so. After opening up Windows Explorer windows ad
| infinitum, your system will stop responding.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/06/how_to_crash_wi.html

This was mentioned before.

What To Do When Windows Vista Crashes: Little-Known Recovery Strategies

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, if all else fails (and if you haven't done the DVD
| image-backup process I described above), you always can reinstall
| Vista from scratch.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=200000329

Isn't that a classic? Reinstall when <restart application>, <reboot>, and some
other vague (no verbosity, no access) processes simply fail.

This author is somewhat anti-Free software, by the way (based on other
writeups). Know the foe. It's another luddite that makes a career out of
Windows knowledge. Give him Linux and he'll spit out his pacifier.