Re: [News] [Linux] More Games on Linux (Even DoFuS), Linux Applications on Windows

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 27 June 2007 14:32 : \____

http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/06/26/linux-gaming-part-four-massive-multiplayer-online-games/

> Ye gods, after all these years, I finally realise that we've been
> getting trolled by a MMRPG called DoFuS...  no wonder some of the words
> were hard to follow!

Well, in any event, the most popular MMRPG game seems to be running on Linux.
World of Warcraft. It runs on vanilla Wine, which is Free and free.

Second Life probably has over 3 million souls by now. It's open source at the
client end, which includes Linux (apparently performs better than Windows
too). It's also open source on the server side. It runs on thousands of Debian
servers with MySQL. I wonder if it's the largest MySQL deployment in the
world.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=