Re: [News] [Linux] Another User Likes His New Dell Linux

Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:22:21 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>> I'm interested to know what happens when a Dell pc is purchased with
>>> support and the customer wants to use the
>>> <http://www.dell.com/downloads/
>>> global/products/print/dell_laser_1110_brochure.pdf>, which requires
>>> windows
>>>
>>> That'll be, to my mind, a watershed moment
>>
>> They are building a Wiki to indicate what's compatible and what's not.
>> Give it time.
>
> I have no patience.  I'd explain the situation, but for the stupid
> trolls.  anyhow...yeh, hooray for dell :)

It's an interesting feature of customers generally that they do not have
patience, in the main.  Dell would be well advised to scatter notes
about their site indicating where there are Windows-only portions, what
they're doing to fix the problem.  That goes a long way with customers.
It'll go further if you can estimate when it should be done, and even
further if you do updates, and deliver occasionally.  In fact, you could
just copy the whole free software development model.