Re: "Charity" Minded MS to Help Provide Empty Boxes 4 Poor

alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've done the same thing in the past, with a completely different result.
> They couldn't open the document and couldn't even figure out what the
> document was.
>
> I ended up exporting to .doc and then informing them that the document I
> had sent them was in the ISO26300 format but was instead sending them a
> non-standard legacy formatted document as to ensure compatibility with
> legacy apps.

In most cases I expect I would also end up resending the doc in another
format.  I just lucked out that this particular client was rather tech
savvy and not afraid to try new things.  Actually, he has migrated
quite a bit of his I.T. infrastructure to Linux and Open Source.

Later,

Thad