[News] [FS] New Head for New Zealands Open Source Society

  • Subject: [News] [FS] New Head for New Zealands Open Source Society
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 05:00:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Christie elected to head Open Source in NZ

,----[ Quote ]
| A director of development company Catalyst, Don Christie, has been elected
| as president of the New Zealand Open Source Society.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/F458780C0ABE307ECC257305000A5400

Some new mixed/open source developments (maybe in the diluted sense):

Roundbox Global Announces Partnership With BEA(R) Systems, Inc.

,----[ Quote ]
| "This partnership tightly aligns with Roundbox Global's goal to support
| our clients with an appropriate blend of Open Source and commercial
| software to deliver best-of-breed solutions," said Thomas Squeo, Vice
| President of Strategic Development.
`----

http://www.marketwirecanada.com/2.0/release.do?id=745392

Db4o in Strategic Alliance with Prosyst

,----[ Quote ]
| Db4objects, the open source object database, has tied up with Prosyst,
| which reportedly owns 50% of the commercial OSGi market, meaning
| db4objects gets a crack at a swat of automotive, mobile carrier,
| house alarm and such like implementations.
`----

http://java.sys-con.com/read/393934_p.htm

SpikeSource makes hosted collaboration suite available

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=538856696&rid=-50