Re: [News] [Rival] Apple's Next O/S Already Leaked

____/ Linonut on Sunday 24 June 2007 15:14 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> I'm neither kidding nor fantasising. This is very serious and the only think
>> allowing Microsoft to hide this are large piles of cash and media control.
>
> Microsoft is embarking on a Journey to the Future.
>
> Welcome to The Future!  It's just starting Now!

<snip>

To their credit, they *do* try to change. Their problem is that any product
that represents that change (an evolutionary one, no doubt) results in the
loss of a _huge_ pile of money. It no longer seems like a short-term loss,
either. Zune, UMPCs, XBox360, search engines, Live services, Windows mobile...
you name it, they invest a lot in these, but poor RoI can only be tolerated
because the two cash cows are still alive (for the time being, amid paradigm
change that will inevitable force gradual advancement).

Off-the-sleeve example:

Google manager: Google Apps replaced Microsoft Office at 100,000 businesses

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's newly released online productivity suite Google Apps has
| already replaced Microsoft Office at more than 100,000 small to
| medium enterprises and has been deployed at two of the largest
| companies in the world, according to the search leader's
| enterprise product boss.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
Swap:  1510068k total,   475456k used,  1034612k free,    74348k cached