[News] [SOT] 1 in 7 Laptops Sold in the US is a Mac

  • Subject: [News] [SOT] 1 in 7 Laptops Sold in the US is a Mac
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 04:13:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Apple sells one of every seven notebooks in U.S.

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple Inc. got help from the update to its MacBook laptops to push its
| share of the laptop market in the U.S. up nearly two points in May, to
| 14.3%, a research firm said today.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=laptops&articleId=9025540&taxonomyId=76&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/37c52d

The monoculture is breaking and this helps Linux indirectly. Also, here's a
perspective of a Mac user that debunks Microsoft's latest FUD.

Microsoft's audacity at its best: "Our software is less of a security risk than
Linux, Mac OS X"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9733241-16.html