[News] [Linux] Xandrosoft Joins Microsoft's Anti-International Standards Camp

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Xandrosoft Joins Microsoft's Anti-International Standards Camp
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:31:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Xandros to Provide Enhanced Interoperability Between Standardized XML Document
Formats

,----[ Quote ]
| “We are delighted to join forces with Microsoft and others to
| provide interoperability between standardized XML document
| formats,” said Andreas Typaldos, Xandros CEO.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/jun/21/xandros_to_provide_enhanced_interoperability_between_standardized_xml_document_formats

Shame on them, on Linspire, and on Novell. Mark Shuttleworth and others have
already explained why they detest OOXML, which requires patent poison. It's
impossible to implement, it's controlled by Microsoft, it's very poor, and the
truth behind it is political manipulation and dirty tricks. Xandros is now
part of the 'gang'.

Related:

MA Governor-Elect Names MS Anti-ODF Lobbyist to Technology Advisory Group

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20061128161343183

Microsoft plays Massachusetts Senate card

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32515

Microsoft playing three card monte with XML conversion

,----[ Quote ]
| Gary Edwards of the Open Document Foundation, a leading member
| of its technical committee, says Microsoft is playing proprietary
| games aimed at controlling XML file formats and preventing the
| Open Document Format from gaining a foothold.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=959

Packing The Court At The ISO?

,----[ Quote ]
|      ...P member countries ('participating member' countries) sending
|     representatives, and I am interested to note the majority of
|     their representatives are, as individuals, also Microsoft employees.
|
| [...]
|
| How can they not see that OOXML (ECMA 376) is unwanted by anyone outside of
| Microsoft? How about it Brian Jones? Are you really so desperate that you
| have to resort to that?
`----

http://lnxwalt.wordpress.com/2007/03/23/packing-the-court-at-the-iso/

Q&A: Former Mass. CIO feels 'bittersweet pride' after battles with Microsoft,
legislature

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50