Re: [News] [Linux] Time is Running Out for Microsoft, Sun Promised to Align with Linux

> Nine days left for patent deals
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The GPLv3 is set to be published on June 29 and once that is done, any new
>| deal will be subject to the terms which it includes.
>|
>| This accounts for the desperation evident at Microsoft, with the folk at
>| Redmond trying to find any and all Linux companies to sign up. A bid to
>| fracture the Linux market, small though it is, and an attempt to spread fear
>| are behind this drive.
> `----
>
> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/13019/1090/

Microsoft have not got long left, have they?  I wonder what it will be
like in Novell and Linspire, having gone over to the anti-freedom side?

> Enterprise Unix Roundup: Schwartz Extends Olive Branch to Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Linux is not the competition; it's the Linux vendors, like Red Hat and
>| Novell, that give Sun fits.
> `----
>
> http://www.serverwatch.com/eur/article.php/3684516#5958498022523326817
>
> Sun said it would lend its patents if needed.

Sun, I think, realise that they need to change their business models to
suit the brave new world.