Re: [News] [Rival] Is ReadyBoost a Feature or a Bug?

On 2007-06-21, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Windows ReadyBoost Doesn't Deliver
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| I don't know if this is a problem with Vista or the drive, but it is
>| annoying to have to check to see if it off and then turn it back on
>| again. Sometimes the disk space is used after ReadyBoost is off,
>| forcing me to format the flash drive again before turning it back on.
> `----
>
> http://www.omahablogger.com/2007/06/windows_readyboost_doesnt_deliver.htm

I thought this was a great idea? Certainly MS and all of the
MS-apologists seemed to think so when it was first pushed.

If you're going to format the drive all of the time anyway, what's the
point in paying a premium for one that's called Vista ReadyBost ready?
Why not just use some old 32M drives laying around the house amd
hanging off of keychains for decorations? They format just as well.

Erik? Any comments about this feeeeeeechure that makes Vista so much
better than anything else?

--
Don't be pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.