Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Cheats on Patches Count, Patches Holes Slilently

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 21 June 2007 04:50 : \____

>> Beware of undisclosed Microsoft patches
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Forget for a moment whether Microsoft is throwing off patch counts
>> | that Microsoft brass use to compare its security record with those
>> | of its competitors. What do you think of Redmond’s silent patching
>> | practice?
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=527
>>
>> Microsoft being dishonest? That would be a first.
>
> I see Mike Cox is now trolling zdnet.

Haha! He's hilarious.

"Think of Microsoft as an all-knowing tenured professor. It knows what it is
best for you, knows how much you can handle and knows what information you
need to know. I meet with Windows developers regularly and they are pretty
adamant that they know what is best for everyone. I fully agree and tell my
rep "ignorance is bliss, especially when the Vista WOW is NOW!". My rep then
thanks me with various shirts and pens that "make my day" all it can be. Why
lose sleep over security holes or vulnerabilities? The easiest thing to do is
deploy, and deploy without prejudice. Then, and only then, will you
undersstand the true power of the WOW."

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   McDonald's Certified Sandwich Engineer (MCSE)
 06:05:01 up 4 days, 11:33,  5 users,  load average: 1.36, 1.79, 1.64