[News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Begs' People to Use Vista, New USB Threat Found

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Begs' People to Use Vista, New USB Threat Found
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 03:47:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Don't wait for Vista SP1, pleads Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| "Some customers may be waiting to adopt Windows Vista because they've heard
| rumors about device or application compatibility issues, or because they
| think they should wait for a service pack release," the company said in a
| newsletter.
| [...]
| No wonder the company needs a "fact-rich program" to convince people why they
| should "proceed with confidence" -- its own announcements must have given
| plenty of business IT managers shaky legs.

USB flash drive worm arrives

,----[ Quote ]
| The LiarVB-A worm hunts for removable drives such as floppy disks and
| USB memory sticks and then creates a hidden file called autorun.inf to
| ensure a copy of the worm is run the next time it is connected to a
| Windows PC.

Hackers debut malware loaded USB ruse

,----[ Quote ]
| Malware purveyors deliberately left USB sticks loaded with a Trojan
| in a London car park in a bid to trick users into getting infected.

Security Experts Warn of a Worm Creeping into PCs Via USB Ports

,----[ Quote ]
| Security Experts at MicroWorld Technologies has warned of increased
| occurrences of a Worm with Trojan potentials, which has been
| infecting Enterprise systems and home PCs for the past two weeks.

Spyware infection prompts McDonalds MP3 recall

,----[ Quote ]
| Users who connected the McDonalds-branded MP3 player to their
| Windows PC were exposed to spyware code programmed to transmit
| their web passwords and other sensitive information to hackers.

Small Number of Video iPods Shipped With Windows Virus

,----[ Quote ]
| We recently discovered that a small number - less
| than 1% - of the Video iPods available for purchase
| after September 12, 2006, left our contract manufacturer
| carrying the Windows RavMonE.exe virus. This known
| virus affects only Windows computers...

Apple blames Windows for iPod virus

,----[ Quote ]