[News] eBay Accuses Microsoft of Cybersecurity Issues (What About SPAM, Browser Failures?)

eBay accuses Microsoft and Yahoo of cybersecurity failure

,----[ Quote ]
| Banks, online merchants and technology vendors must work together
| to prevent security problems such as phishing attacks and data
| breaches, eBay President and CEO Meg Whitman said yesterday.
`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=8650

They don't mention the brute force which enables 30 trillion E-mails to be
sent per year (with pace constantly rising), let alone browsers like IE.

Related:

Spam Made Up 94% Of All E-Mail In December

,----[ Quote ]
| "The major event in communications security is the emergence of
| botnets. This has changed the game, the dynamics, and economics
| of the Internet security marketplace. When the bad guys can now
| harness more than a million computers around the world and use
| them to push an increasing amount of attacks, that's a major
| change."
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=4H4VB4FGNIKEWQSNDLRSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=197001430
http://tinyurl.com/39zfap

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
| Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
| 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
| the BBC reports.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

School email's out across UK

,----[ Quote ]
| The system was being upgraded because spam had been overloading and
| slowing its system. Between May 2006 and February 2007 the number
| of messages being passed through its school email service had
| increased almost fourfold, from 550 messages per minute to 2,000
| messages per minute. About 85 per cent of these were spam, it said
| in a refreshingly informative explanation of the outage.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/09/rm_email/

SEC goes after stock spammers, hackers

,----[ Quote ]