Re: XP phones home....

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 08 Mar 2007 23:14:16 +0000
<1338180.0aM5VMxPLf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 08 March 2007 21:41 \__
>
>> It all seems quite harmless to me - I mean, if you've nothing to hide,
>> you've nothing to fear, right?  Right, commie???:-
>>
>> http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/86429
>>
>> "In the Privacy Statement of Windows Update Microsoft grants itself fairly
>> far-reaching rights. Thus the information collected by the Redmond-based
>> behemoth includes the computer make and model, version information for the
>> operating system, browser, and any other Microsoft software for which
>> updates might be available, Plug&Play ID numbers of hardware devices,
>> region and language setting, Globally Unique Identifier (GUID), Product ID
>> and Product Key, BIOS name, revision number, and revision date. By way of
>> justifying Microsoft's approach, alexkoc writes that the EULA, likewise
>> presented by the WGA installer, also covered the relaying of such
>> information"
>
> NannySoft, not MicroSoft.

Hmm....the only problem with that moniker is that nannies
are generally competent.  :-)  (Especially if they carry
umbrellas, drop in during a windstorm, play around with
a dancing chimney sweep, and leave when the wind shifts
again... :-) )

Though there was that au pair some years back...

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)