[News] The Guardian on Starting to Sell Linux PCs

If you think selling Linux is easy, why not beat Dell to it?

,----[ Quote ]
| Why don't the people asking Dell for Linux PCs start their own
| companies and do likewise? If there's a market, it should be
| really easy. And unlike Mike, you won't even have to beat IBM.
`----

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/online/insideit/story/0,,2028451,00.html

I guess Jack Schofield had written this before he heard the latest. H-P and
Dell are battling (PR-wise) and consider preinstalling GNU/Linux. H-P has
just arrived at the station, out of nowhere, with words like "cricial mass",
which will give Microsoft a real headache.

Related:

HP considering factory-loaded Linux desktops and notebooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Management at HP has commented on the situation, saying they are
| considering offering standard systems with a preloaded distro of
| Linux, which would be an industry first for desktops and notebooks
`----

http://www.techspot.com/news/24571-hp-considering-factoryloaded-linux-desktops-and-notebooks.html

Dell considers big change: offering Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/06/technology/dell_linux.reut/index.htm